The journey into the realms of professional scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster course. Working closely with the Instructor, through a mentor/mentee relationship, you will increase your diving knowledge and progress your diving skills to a professional level. The PADI Divemaster course teaches you about leadership and taking charge of diving activities, developing your management and supervision abilities. During the course you will develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises, workshops and hands-on practical assessment.
Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialised skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive set-up and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs.
On completion of the course, as a qualified Divemaster, you will guide and lead others, as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. PADI DMs are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected organisation in the world – PADI…So what are you waiting for, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you!
The cost of the course includes your DM crewpack, which is yours to keep after the course is completed and the use of the diving equipment for the duration of your course.
To enrol in a PADI Divemaster course, you must be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold an equivalent qualifying certification from another organisation), be at least 18 years of age and be in good physical health. You also need to have:
- Successfully completed CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months declaring you as fit to dive.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 logged dives to earn certification.
** Please not that the Divemaster PADI application fee is not covered within the outlined cost and must be paid by the participant on completion of the course directly to PADI.