We are proud to offer scuba diving programme for kids and now that the diving season is well under way here in Dingle it is a great time for your child to learn to scuba dive.
Anyone from 10 years upwards can do our Discover Scuba Diving Programme
What you will learn
- Experience scuba diving under the direct care and supervision of a PADI Pro.
- Take their first breaths underwater in water shallower than 6 metres.
- Learn about and use scuba diving equipment
- Have lots of fun diving and breathing underwater.
Young people can take the full PADI Open Water Diver scuba certification course and upon completion will become Junior Open Water Divers with certain age limitations for scuba diving:
- Junior Open Water Divers ages 10-11 years old must dive with a PADI Professional or certified parent/guardian. Dives must not exceed 12 metres /40 feet.
- Junior Open Water Divers ages 12-14 years old must dive with a certified adult.
Are you ready to Dive?
- Of course, most importantly, do you want to learn to dive?
- Are you medically fit to dive?
- Are you comfortable in the water, and can swim? You will need to be able to pass a swimming test.
- Can you listen to and learn from class discussions, pool and open water briefings with an instructor?
- Can you learn, remember and apply multiple safety rules and principles?
- Are your reading skills sufficient to learn from adult-level material?
- Will you feel comfortable telling an instructor about any discomfort or not understanding something?